Matador – a clean, stylish, flexible, and intelligent WordPress theme for your news website, magazine, or personal blog. Use our multiple blog layouts and post layouts to showcase your content.
- Mega Menus – Home-grown mega menu to give your main navigation area a lot more style and extended functionality. No additional plugins required.
- Blog Layouts & Shortcodes – Create, dynamic, handsome layouts (from traditional layouts, to masonry layouts, to sliders) using our blog shortcodes.
- Responsive design – Your website will look just as gorgeous on mobile phones and tablets
- Preset Color Schemes – If you don’t have the time, creativity, or patience to create your own color scheme, feel free to get started with one of the several that we provide.
- Shortcode Generator – Generate stylish, immersive content with a very user-friendly shortcode generator, and without needing to know a hint of HTML
- Extensive customization options – A modern design that still leaves room for leaving your mark.
- Unlimited Sidebars – Need a completely different set of sidebar widgets for individual pages/posts? It’s easy, and no additional plugins are required.
- Branding Options – Upload your own logo or use Google Web fonts along with unlimited color choices and text shadows.
- Google Fonts – there are literally hundreds to choose from to outfit your website.
- 20 Custom Widgets – From standard advertisement sizes to Facebook “Like” buttons, this theme is move-in ready.
- Localization support – Make Staggerly your own (or prepare it for a client) using the included .po/.mo files
- User-friendly Documentation – Because you shouldn’t have to be a rocket scientist to operate your website.
- Disqus comment integration – As simple as typing your Disqus shortname and clicking a button!
If you have questions related to our theme, head over to our dedicated support forum and we’ll get you squared away.
We try to answer all questions within 48 hours (Monday thru Friday – US Eastern timezone).
Version 1.2.2 (July 16, 2015)
- CSS Update: Smaller font size for main slider titles on tablets
- New: “Homepage” templates for users who prefer not to use shortcodes
- Updated: documentation
Version 1.2.1 (July 12, 2015)
- Fix: issue with Github and LinkedIn social icons not appearing
- Fix: issue with the “Show featured media on single post” option (when editing a post)
Version 1.2.0 (July 7, 2015)
- Update: Main parallax slider CSS for mobile devices
- New: option to move “comment count / sharing options” below post content
- New: theme option and shortcode option to use various image size orientations in blog (square: 1:1 – landscape: 3:2, 16:9, 16:10 – portrait: 2:3, 9:16, 10:16)
- New: option to make “Previous/Next” post links only show posts from the same category as the current post
Version 1.1.3 (June 23, 2015)
- Fix: “Related Posts” bug
- Fix: truncation of excerpts with Chinese characters
- Update: documentation (reminder to backup translation files before performing theme updates)
Version 1.1.2 (June 22, 2015)
Version 1.1 (June 20, 2015)
- New: easier date format localization (see Theme Options > Other Options)
- New: ability to enable parallax effect on the main slider (fullwidth only)
- Fix: Disqus comment counter no longer removes comment icon
- Fix: Facebook “like” count now updates properly after Facebook’s recent API change (Facebook & Twitter Follower widget)